To facilitate spring clean-up, the Village of Cooperstown will be picking up green yard waste Monday – Friday beginning at 7 a.m. during the month of April, weather permitting. After April, pickup will be the last Thursday of each month.
Compostable Waste and Brush Curbside Pickup Procedures:
1) The Village will pickup compostable yard waste and brush separately. There will be two pickups per street, one for soft green waste and a second for brush. These may occur over a period of several days depending on demand.
2) Place brush in a pile between the curb and sidewalk.
· Do not put brush in containers.
· Keep brush separated from green waste.
· Root balls, stumps, and large tree limbs will not be picked up. We can only take material that will go through our shredder.
3) Residents may also bring green waste at any time to the Village Street Garage on Linden Avenue and deposit it themselves in the appropriate area. Commercial dumping is prohibited.
If you have any questions please call Mitch Hotaling, DPW Superintendent, 547-2411.